Friday, January 16, 2015
For everyone using Todo or Todo Cloud on Mac, please head over to the Mac App Store now for new releases of each app. If you haven't integrated one of our Mac Apps into your daily routine yet, I invite you to give it a try. We've had a ton of positive feedback from the community, and we really appreciate the time you take to let us know how Todo impacts your daily life!
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
We take the security of your data seriously and I just wanted start out by letting you know that all of Appigo's and Todo Cloud's servers have been updated against the Heartbleed Bug. We've been monitoring everything since the update last week and the service looks great.
If you are a Todo Cloud subscriber we recommend you login and change your password. To change your password click here, mouse over the password field and click "Edit". You will also need to enter this password in the Todo and Todo Cloud apps in order to keep them syncing. We are not aware of any problems with any accounts but it's worth your time in case a password from any of the sites you frequent has been compromised.
You should also change passwords on all other sites you visit but you'll want to verify those sites have taken steps to update and protect you before you change your password. To check your site you can click here and enter the web address to verify it's ready. If you change your password before a site has been updated then your account is still vulnerable to potential bad guys.
What is the Heartbleed Bug?
The Heartbleed Bug is a vulnerability (a bug) found in OpenSSL which is used by most websites on the internet to provide the "S" in HTTPS (or the lock icon in your browser). The bug allows bad guys to thwart the encryption used to secure traffic, names, and passwords of users and the content on websites. If you want more information on Heartbleed there is some great reading to be had on the heartbleed.com website.
Thursday, January 23, 2014
Maintenance update: Todo Cloud 6.2.1, Todo 6.2.1, and Todo for iPad 6.2.1 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7)
We've just released a maintenance update to the older versions of Todo, designed for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7. Fixes include:
- Fixed a crash when using the date wheel to select a task’s due date
- Fixed the hidden location entry field on the location alert map screen
- Fixed a display problem on the Toodledo login screen (Todo and Todo for iPad only)
- Fixed a problem with text correction when editing a task’s name
- Fixed a problem on the lists screen to not show the ‘i’ button on All, Focus, and Starred lists
- Fixed a problem interpreting the dash character when using Intelligent Task Parsing
- Added support for repeat on last day of the month
- Added support for the newest version of TextExpander in iOS 7
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
|Improved Quick Menu in Todo & Todo Cloud 7.0.3|
- Improved Quick Menu (faster and configurable in settings – tap and hold a task to show the Quick Menu)
- Improved screen navigation (swipe to dismiss screens now works)
- Improved display of projects and checklists when shown in lists with other tasks
- Improved swipe indicator in bottom toolbar
- Improved workflow to open a project or checklist immediately after creating one
- Added the "postpone" option back into the Quick Menu
- Added new app launching options that now support x-callback-url (see the details here)
- Added an option to support repeating tasks on the last day of the month
- Added scroll-to-top functionality when tapping on the status bar when viewing tasks
- Updated support for the new TextExpander (requires manual refresh of snippets in Settings > General > TextExpander > Update Snippets)
- Fixed a problem where the dash character was not being interpreted correctly when using Intelligent Task Parsing
Note: An updated version of Todo & Todo Cloud version 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) is also on the way and includes some important bug fixes. Stay tuned!
Thursday, October 31, 2013
|Enable TextExpander support in Todo > Settings > General > TextExpander|
Thanks everybody for your great feedback and reviews for the new Todo 7 apps. I’m happy to announce another update — version 7.0.2 — packed with more improvements!
Download Todo 7.0.2 on the App Store
Download Todo Cloud 7.0.2 on the App Store
First of all, we've added TextExpander support (thanks TextExpander users for your patience). TextExpander keyboard shortcuts save effort typing on iPad or iPhone. Apple changed the way inter-app communication works in iOS 7 so we had to adjust Todo a little bit — TextExpander now requires access to your Reminders. TextExpander is off by default, but you can enable it in Todo > Settings > General > TextExpander.
We’ve also brought back the infamous “Quick Add” feature to the lists screen. This should help you write down something fast when you're hanging out on the lists screen.
We’re now working on a cool new feature that will surface in the iOS versions of Todo 7 soon. As long as it turns out like we want it to, it’ll be the next update you’ll see from us. We’ll then have some time to update the Mac and Web versions of the Todo apps. Thanks for your patience while we propagate the updates to the different flavors of Todo. The Todo apps and Todo Cloud service are headed in the right direction and I’m excited for what’s coming.
Last, but not least, here’s the list of everything we added, changed, and fixed in this update. Enjoy!
- ADDED task quick add to the lists screen
- ADDED support for TextExpander*
- ADDED "Next week" as a quick menu option
- ADDED an option to quickly view a subtask’s project inside the Focus List or search results
- ADDED section headings to the "Move to project" and "Move to checklist" actions
- CHANGED the move task action to leave the editor open
- CHANGED the "Show List Names" setting behavior to not show redundant list names on personalized lists
- FIXED background sync for Toodledo sync (Todo 7 only)
- FIXED link detection in task notes
- FIXED a crashing issue when displaying a reminder alert
- FIXED an issue where deleting a list would leave an empty row
- FIXED an issue with passcode and search
- FIXED an issue with launching Todo when using a passcode
- FIXED an issue accessing the quick menu when quick add is active
- FIXED an issue where new list icons weren't updating when using iCloud (Todo 7 only)
- FIXED an issue with shared list invitations
- FIXED an issue with the % character not appearing in reminder alerts
- FIXED an issue which sometimes selected the wrong contact in a task action
- FIXED an issue with selecting a task due date
*TextExpander in iOS 7 requires access to your Reminders
Thursday, September 26, 2013
Update (4 October 2013):
The 7.0.1 updates are now available on the App Store:
Launching Todo 7 and Todo Cloud 7 for iOS 7Thanks everyone for the great launch of Todo 7 and Todo Cloud 7 last week!
Releasing a new version of Todo is always an exciting time at Appigo and it also makes things get very busy. All of us on the team have been working non-stop to make sure you all get the very best experience using the Todo apps and services.
Keeping up the lines of communicationSince the launch last week, we've been working hard to make sure to resolve pertinent issues quickly. We've been posting to a Known Issues page in our Help Center, responding as quickly as possible to Twitter, Facebook, and support tickets in the Help Center.
I want to make sure we're accessible to you. It's very difficult to respond to any comments or feedback left in App Store reviews because it's impossible to know who wrote them. I hope if you've got any questions or comments for us, you'll get in contact with us using one of our regular channels I mentioned above.
We'll be putting together a better community forum where you can participate there as well to get answers, share ideas, etc., so watch for that soon.
What's coming in Todo 7.0.1 and Todo Cloud 7.0.1We've just submitted version 7.0.1 for App Store approval, but I wanted to share everything that's coming so you'll know exactly what to expect. We'll make sure to broadcast on Facebook and Twitter when the new versions are available.
- ADDED optimizations to background app refresh with iCloud
- ADDED a prompt for sync password after upgrading to a new iOS device
- ADDED delete task option to the quick menu
- ADDED ability to return to the last viewed screen after you terminate the app
- ADDED ability to mark a task complete while viewing task details
- ADDED ability to keep toolbar filter options open throughout the app
- ADDED option to manually add a phone number to a task without a corresponding contact
- ADDED ability to complete a task inside the task editor
- ADDED setting option to show list names on task rows
- FIXED an issue where some devices would not sync tasks with Todo Cloud because of web cookies being disabled
- FIXED an issue where some users would experience an app crash when closing task details or a task list
- FIXED an issue where registering an email could cause the app to crash
- FIXED an issue where the app could crash when choosing a contact with multiple email addresses
- FIXED a drag and drop issue in the calendar
- FIXED an issue where a Todo Cloud prompt would appear when attempting to move a task from one project to another
- FIXED an issue where some screens where hiding under the navigation bar
- FIXED the App Store links for the writing a review feature
- FIXED search text so it's visible instead of black
- CHANGED method of navigating into a project/checklist (tap on the row to view subtasks, tap on count to edit details)
- REPLACED TextExpander with the built-in iOS keyboard shortcuts (Device Settings > General > Keyboard > Shortcuts)